Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Fall Ride

Yes :), fall temps have arived. Left work early to try and make the most of a mid week ride before darkness set in and was able to get a nice 23 mile ride in without being soaked. After the sun started going down actually experienced a chill of the cooler air rushing over my arms. And like Tom noticed the other week I too saw a couple leaves falling this trip.
Hit the trailhead around 4:40 and ran into Mark (Roadie from Blythewood) who had his geared 29'r in leu of his single speed so we set off for a nice brisk duo ride. Was running good all the way to the rock garden but ended up with another discraceful hike a bike thru the technical once again. This rock garden seems to be getting more difficult for me and lately I have been mangling it more than making it. I could of swore I used to be about 50/50 thru there, anymore it seems I can only pull it off 1 out of every 5 or more attempts. This is agrevating and I'm really clueless on how Im fumbling this so much. After spider woman (no inner) we road the outerloop back thru crooked pine and then did the Midlands again once then Mark had to bail and I just road a full firebreak one more time.

Tom - got your other reply and Saturday sounds good to me. I should be able to make whatever time ya'll want to start since Saturday mornings are my typical ride morning.

Stats:
Distance: 23.19
Time : 2:00
Avg : 11.5
Max : 23.5

2 comments:

Tom said...

How does 8:00 again sound?

Jim said...

Sounds like a plan, see ya'll at 8:00 .