Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday Ride - Close to being chicked by track team

Headed out for an early ride this morning to get back in time to run some errands and although the temp was nice it was pretty thick this morning. The trails were pretty damp too and this was the first ride in awhile that I had to hose the bike down afterward to get all the clay and sand off.
Pressed for time and the damp trails stayed off Lost Creek and the inner loop and did an offshoot of the Race to the River ride but added the long fireroad climb and an xtra crooked pine.
On the long fireroad climb behind stewardship ran into a "PACK" of woman runners, must of been between 20-30 of them , maybe some track team or something. This was the last place I expected to see anyone but sure enough there they were and I had come up on the first pack on one of the climbs. Now, you know you run into a pack of all these woman running up the hill and I gotta pass and try to not bog down into low gear and have them take me on the climb or nothing :) so had to suck it up and let the heart rate spike to keep my momentum and come out on top. Although I was panting like a mother when I cleared them I was able to pull it off ok. Whew, its one thing to be chicked by a girl rider but I dont even know what you would call this had it had turned out different.

My last ride I tore the sidewall on my front tire and had to pick up another but ended up having to get what was available and had to settle for a 2.0" instead of my preferred 2.2". Although I guess it must roll better not sure if I like this or not yet, seemed a little twitchy and played on my subconcious thru spiderwoman and it was a pathetic attempt thru the rock garden. Ya, thats it, it had to be the new tire :). Anyway I'm gonna keep this but think I definately prefer a little wider front profile.

Overall
Distance: 25.73
Time: 2:20
Avg Speed: 10.9
Avg HR: 147

1 comment:

Jason said...

Getting chicked by a woman on foot.... ouch. That's a burn that would be painful for a good while :) Good think you pushed. Next time you should take the "gentleman's approach" and just step aside to make room for them. You can save face that way and look like you're being nice.

Nice average speed there too!