Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Back from vacation I was aching to get back on the trails so headed out Thursday night for a slow ride after being off the bike a week. Boy what just a week off will do, ended up doing about 22 miles but it felt like 30 and felt it all Friday.
Our next vacation I sure would like to take the bike to hit some trails somewhere. For financial reasons we opted to do the drive vs airlines and heading up thru the Virginia/West Virginia mountains I saw a couple of guys with some Azonic Downhill bikes and camping gear that looked like they were gonna be having loads of fun. I can only imagine how you really would need to have downhill bikes to conquer those decents off road, looked like there could be some really knarly shoots to let'r rip on and the climbs even if I had a 20lb bike would be beyond my grasps.
But seeing all that wide open mountains sure does get you daydreaming about how it would be cool to take some sort of long weekend or vacation and do a wilderness adventure with just the bikes and packs.

Hit harbison this morning still feeling a little tight from Thursday and didnt know how it would fair out but once I got moving dont think it had any adverse effect at all execpt towards the end of my ride when I wussed out and stopped short of 30 again. I was able to set a new time trial record on Lost Creek this morning and beat my previous 32.12 by a minute for 31.11 with avg speed of 11.0. I know it aint no call the neighbors news or anything but its a step in the right direction :). With my rookie seaon coming to a close next month Im setting my second year goal to get this sucker down to atleast 30.0 minutes - I think I can , I think I can..

If anyone is doing the Fontana Race today/tomorrow good luck, I know Harry was going but didnt know if anyone else was heading up.

Stats:
Distance: 25.1
Time: 2:13
Avg Speed: 10.9
Lost Creek Personal Record : 31.11 / 11.0

1 comment:

hammernails said...

A minute faster is worth calling the neighbors about. That is an eternity in a race.