Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday Ride

Hit HSF this morning around 7:20 for a planed ride with Jason and anyone else that was up for Jasons posted morning ride but must of just missed him and after what I thought was around 7:45 figured I might have missed a followup posting and they must of delayed the ride a little and figured I would just run into them on the trails and headed off. Later heard Jason was running a tad behind and showed getting to the trail at 7:40 so even with our times a tad off we must of just missed eachother and didnt run into any of the crew the rest of the day.
Wore a regular watch so I could do some resets on my timer without resetting the main one and headed off Clockwise hoping I may have a chance of running into Jason on his route around spider woman. Did Lost Creek first (Clockwise) for a 32:12 time and felt good about it as I was trying to use some tips I got from Monty and ride somewhere between a controlled ride and agressive and found it was easier on me and still had full reserves when done.
Cut across the connector over to Spider woman and ran spider woman clockwise including inner loop for a 23:40 time but in there I did a clumsy fall over the roots hooking into the inner loop and think I may have landed in some poison ivy, will have to see what turns up there and then wasnt able to pull off the rock garden today and had to do a little hobling over the rocks.
After that rode the rest of the outer loop back around thru crooked pine and over to Lost Creek for a Counter Clockwise ride at 33:45 . After the second lost creek run I still had plenty of hydration (filled that sucker full this morning) so headed off for one more outer loop (clockwise) but ended up bypassing spider woman and just did the full outerloop.
Luckily I didnt run into any of them snakes, but I did see that huge turtle Jason was talking about, I was thinking to myself what is this dam sea turtle doing hear this far inland, the thing was big for sure. That one was definately bigger than the ones just a few weeks ago I thought were big at FATS I had to keep avoiding on Big Step, thank goodness.

Entire ride ended up being solo today but still was pretty good and even though I didnt beat any of my previous times think I may be making headway on my endurance/control and felt I was able to keep it going without feeling exhausted at the end. It was definately a good idea Jason had to start early in the day.

Stats
Distance: 31.14
Time: 2:46
Avg: 10.5
Max: 22.6

2 comments:

Jason said...

Man... You put in some miles on a hot day :)

When I got back to the jeep and saw your truck was still there I thought about going back out to find you, but I was out of heed. Our Lost Creek and Spider Woman times are nearly identical! We should be able to push each other to get faster in that we're so close.

That turtle was HUGE. I actually stopped, got off my bike and marveled at his size for a few minutes.

I would have liked to have ridden with you, but maybe it was in the cards for both of us to do solo rides today. I got a technical ride with lots of wildlife :)

Jim said...

The pushing eachother sounds good, I could of used your xtra motivation to hit Spider Woman a second time. Although you gotta loose that snake magnet your carrying first :).