Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesdays Spills

Headed out to Harbison yesterday afternoon with the intention of getting some hammer out and having a good steady ride but had a couple new spills that broke up the momementum. Was rolling around just fine thru the outer sections but once again spider woman put it on me. First was thru the rock garden where I kept fumbling around with multiple stop/restarts. I seem to still not have the nack for getting recliped fast enough on the eggbeaters and end up missing my oportunities to make the most out of the stop/restarts that seem to be my norm lately thru that section. This go round I was to frustrated and just did the walking shortcut and bypassed a few sections after the third stop/restart. After leaving the rock garden and making thru the riverside section, up and down thru the creek/low section and was heading up that last sharp right climb to the back side of spidy I somehow managed to hit that corner climb at a bad angle and just hit the dirt. It wasnt like I didnt see the fall coming and thought I was gonna be able to get loose from the bike but my left shoe wouldnt unclip so down I went. To add insult to injury as I lay on my side my left shoe still didnt unclip. It must of been a site I was laying there for awhile twitching the left leg/foot around like some sort of spasms trying to release and nothing. I had to take my freakin shoe off to get out of this one, pathetic. Dont know if it was the downhill angle I was laying with my foot and bike still up the hill or the newness of the cleats/pedals but i never had to do that one before and hope not to repeat. Glad I was by myself, ya'll would of been doggin me to get with the program and come on already :)
From there thought I was in the clear and stayed on the outerloop sections till I hit that new kiddie single track trail. Was going around the first section and there has been a downed pine for awhile and the thing is half rotted but I managed to hit that baby wrong and racked the family jewles something fierce. So after pacing around grunting for a couple minutes I had enough and the thought of riding around on the seat over the roots and such was not gonna happen. For another first I left the trail and cut thru the woods to hit the gravel road and head back, didnt even want to ride the trail out.

Guess I was due, it's been awhile since I had back to back bad spills just hate that I had to cut things short with my tail between my legs and head back to the lot. With the odds that these types of rides are getting fewer inbetween I'm confident I'm ready to climb back on the horse and reset the clock next ride.
On a good note I did run into Toby S out there on the long dirt road climb back by Stewardship then back at the lot. Hadnt seen him out there in forever and was good to see a familiar face.

Stats:
Distance: 22.55
Time: 1:54
Avg: 11.7

No comments: