Saturday, February 7, 2009

Eye Opener

Got a taste of a little road riding today and gotta say definately opened my eyes to my fitness level (or lack of). Respect and hats off to all the roadies and commuters for sure, never did I imagine the paved road could work you like it does and whats up with that headwind. Were on bicycles for goodness sake, but dang if that wind cant put it on ya.

Tom was up for a Dam ride to HSF today but having never put the Trance on the road I was a little hesitant at first I admit, but figured what the heck and was time to give it a go. Ever since last year when Jason and Monty would do those runs I had been meaning to try it but always fell back on timing issues, one exuse or another so was time to step up. We parked at the walking lot at the dam and just road from there to HSF, Lost Creek, outer loop, Spider Woman, Bluffs and back. It was a good paced ride and opened my eyes to how bad I am trying to fall into a good cadence and shift timings on the road part that I hadnt experienced before. Heck by the time we got to HSF I was already starting to feel it. Definately need to do this one again or atleast some of these higher mileage rides to start getting back in shape. Good eye opener for sure!

Distance : 35.42
Avg: 12.0 (I'm sure not fast for adding some road mix, but enough to put it on me today)
Max: 30.4
Time: 2:55

3 comments:

Jason said...

Glad you guys gave it a shot. Maybe next time I'll try to go with you :)

Tom said...

didnt believe the average stat at 12 mph, but checked my computer and it is correct. We had a 12 mph average going into spidey woman...what happened? I think the headwind really killed us coming back to the lake, but I know we knocked out the dam at 21-22 mph.

Jim said...

Still cant get over that headwind, felt like a real putz out there on the way back just a spinning and not moving to fast but dared not hit the bigger rings as the legs were barely hanging on. Dont know about you but I still felt a little sore this morning. Good Ride man, havent been sore in awhile after a ride, definately shows I need to up the fitness level, way to push it.